Beachcombing Finds - Sea Fans & Coral Sponge

A month or so ago, I was contacted by a beachcomber from Arnhem Land in the Northern Territory. She asked if I would be interested in some coral sponge and sea fans. 
I said 'Of course, send them down'.

And this is what I received:


You can imagine my surprise and delight. So many gorgeous beautiful things that I decided I had to keep this lot. It looks right at home with many of my other beautiful Coastal Vintage things on the office shelves doesn't it?


and then I asked her 'Can you please send some more!'


And in the first box appeared a huge coral sponge cup, lots of black coral sponge, sand dollars and a spiky coral branch


And in the remaining boxes appeared more coral sponge, sea fans and some delightful unusual pieces which you can see in more detail in the photos below. 


Large coral sponge cup 46cm wide. 


Gorgeous sea fan that would look great framed. Do see last post about framing sea fans.


A collection of unusual pieces. I love the tree and branch. 


A gorgeous red coral sea fan


Black ruffled sea fan


Another beautiful black sea fan


Unusual spiky coral branch. Can you see the shell embedded in it on the right?


Sweet tiny sand dollars


And more gorgeous sea fans



If any of these items interest you, please head over to the shop website where you will find these and much more. 


All these items have been found on beaches by a licensed beachcomber who also has permission from the local Indigenous people to find these things on their land. Nothing has been taken from the sea.






Comments

Subscribe to our mailing list

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Home - Tara Dennis

Hampton's Style Home with beachy accents

Bohemian Coastal Vintage Style Home - Gold Coast