Vintage Swimsuits

Last year when I first started Coastal Vintage and was out & about sourcing items, I came across this old woolen swimsuit. The lady who was selling it told me that she had been a friend of the lady who wore it in the 1930s & was given the swimsuit a few years before the lady died. If she had been alive that day, she would have been 105-years old.


I couldn't believe it. And I couldn't believe the swimsuit had been kept in such incredible condition. I knew as soon as I heard the story that I had to have it. It was a gem and a gem I wasn't going to part with. It was the perfect suit to have framed and to hang in my home. 


I took it to get it framed professionally and this is what it now looks like.  Doesn't it look beautiful?

It now proudly hangs in my living room and is such a treasure to own. Whenever I look at it, I wonder who that lady was. She certainly had a great little figure didn't she?


Have you ever thought about framing an old swimsuit? 

It's a great way to preserve a piece of history and at the same time have a piece of art on your wall. 

So very Coastal Vintage.

There is a small range on our website ready to be framed. 

click here to see what is currently in store










Comments

Subscribe to our mailing list

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Home - Tara Dennis

Hampton's Style Home with beachy accents

Bohemian Coastal Vintage Style Home - Gold Coast