Sea Blue Vintage Life Ring

Recently, I picked up this old orange life ring at a private house sale & immediately thought it would look perfect painted sea blue and displayed on a wall at home.  
 
Firstly, I painted the entire life ring white and then taped the areas that I wanted to keep white and then set about painting the rest blue. 
 

Once that was completed, I then left it to dry in the sun for half hour before giving it another coat.
  
   

A little touch up in the areas where needed,
and then a light sand to give a little shabby aged look before waxing to protect the paint.


And here it is on the foyer table before I hung it on the wall around the corner. 


I love hearing your thoughts. So don't hesitate to leave a comment on any of the blog posts if you would like to.
and until next time - lover of the sea and all things Coastal Vintage
Sally

* I have used Annie Sloane's Chalk Paint - old white & Aubusson Blue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Home - Tara Dennis

Hampton's Style Home with beachy accents

Bohemian Coastal Vintage Style Home - Gold Coast