Surfboard Side Table

I can't take credit for this idea at all.

I was inspired by the lovely Jo over at Coastal Home Love who wrote a post back in May about a retro coffee table that she had found and transformed it into a Surfboard Coffee Table. I thought it was fabulous.  

 

 Last week, I found a similar table but smaller and decided to give it a go too but in a different style.

Firstly, I painted it with Annie Sloane's 'old white' chalk paint.



Then, I taped over where I wanted it to remain white and painted the top 'Aubusson blue'.


It was a warm winter's day, so it didn't take long to dry. Once it was dry, I removed the tape and


sanded it back to give it a shabby aged look.


And then waxed it just like a true surfboard.  Now who is ready to go surfing? ;)
 


Wouldn't this look fabulous in a beach house, a surf lover's bedroom or coastal home?
Available now in the shop under what's new!

click here 

and until next time, lover of all things coastal vintage Sally




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Home - Tara Dennis

Hampton's Style Home with beachy accents

Bohemian Coastal Vintage Style Home - Gold Coast