Old Wooden Frame - Restored

Recently, I found a beautiful old wooden frame in an estate sale that I thought would look lovely painted. Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo of it before I took to it with a brush & some paint, but you can still see the beautiful wood work in the photo below.
I have used Annie Sloans chalk paint - old white and then I painted over it with Aubusson blue.
Once dry, I gave it a sand and polished it with dark wax to give it a more aged look.
The frame didn't come with glass or a backing. So I recycled some glass and backing from an old picture frame that had broken & was fortunately of the same size. If that hadn't been available, I would have simply bought a cheap frame in the same size from a stationery shop.
Then it was time to decide which picture to place behind the frame. At first I was going to go with this photo of me walking on the beach out to our old boat as it is the perfect size. But then decided to use this sweet old pirate card that I had bought a few years ago.
It's the perfect picture for my little girls playroom. 
However, it doesn't completely fill the space, so I painted the backing the same colour as the frame. 

And here it is…. 
And, my girls absolutely love it!

Until next time,

lover of the sea and all things Coastal Vintage













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Home - Tara Dennis

Hampton's Style Home with beachy accents

Bohemian Coastal Vintage Style Home - Gold Coast