Skimboard Makeover

You may remember last year I blogged about a retro style coffee table that I found 
and painted like a surfboard.
When my friend Ellie found me this old skimboard, I thought I would do something similar.
Here it is completely covered in wax.
Which I removed with a scraper and then gave it a quick sand.
All clean and ready to paint.
I then gave it a couple of coats of Annie Sloane's white chalk paint.
Taped up the parts I wanted to keep white and then painted over the top with blue.
Once dry, I removed the tape
and gave it a quick sand and then waxed with clear wax.
The next day, I put it up in the shop. 
My first customer was an English lass from Eastbourne and she bought it! 
She said she is going to turn it into a coffee table.

So, I'm on the hunt for another old skimboard so I can do something similar again.
Maybe this time in a different colour scheme and style.

Until next time, 

lover of the sea 

and all things Coastal Vintage

Sally

Comments

Subscribe to our mailing list

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Home - Tara Dennis

Hampton's Style Home with beachy accents

Bohemian Coastal Vintage Style Home - Gold Coast