Ship's Light Restoration

This old ship's light came off an old decommissioned ship in India and this week I finally had it rewired.
I was so surprised and pleased to see it create a lovely soft glow. This light is perfect for the living room or perhaps use as a bedside table light. This is exactly what I am going to use two of them for, but firstly, I'm going to restore them a little by giving the metal part a fresh coat of paint.
As you can see it has aged quite a bit, is a little rusty and the paint has chipped away as a result of the sea air.  Some people love this look and would leave as is. However, I want to restore it and hopefully enhance this light by giving it a fresh yet aged look with a coat of aged copper paint. 
After a wash, I sprayed painted it.  It took just two coats over a couple of hours. 
Quite a difference isn't it? 
Looks new again doesn't it? but still with a rustic feel about it. 
I'm so pleased with it and can't wait to get stuck into the other one & set them up in the main bedroom.

What do you think?

If you're interested in these lights - please contact us via the website. 
You can have them as they are or they can be painted for you.

www.coastalvintage.com.au

Comments

Subscribe to our mailing list

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Home - Tara Dennis

Hampton's Style Home with beachy accents

Bohemian Coastal Vintage Style Home - Gold Coast